In case your formerly sparkling interest in writing songs is still alive, you can check out this dudle to actively help finding a date for the event named „Let’s write songs!“ https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/LetsWriteSongs/
All in all I thought 2-4 hours on a Saturday in May somewhere in Alaunpark or on the Priesnitz should be a good time and place for the workshop, so make your cross: https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/LetsWriteSongs/
My plan for the workshop so far is:
- To give a short introduction into songwriting (max 10 mins) wherein I explain two or three tools you can use for writing lyrics.
- Then participants can try to write some lyrics, using these tools (or not).
- Then participants can exchange the lyrics in order to a) continue writing on others lyrics or b) add some constructive hints on others lyrics (like: „what does that line mean?“ or so).
- You could also bring ideas for lyrics you are stuck with or half-finished poems, maybe someone has an idea how to go on with.
- Then my plan is running out of petrol but maybe some of you have a hint how to continue then?
Maybe my plan stinks in general and you wanna do it another way? – Great, let’s do it your way!
UPDATE: Wer sich fragt, warum das hier alles auf Englisch steht: bisher haben sich für den lokalen Workshop zum Thema „Lieder schreiben“ in Scheiß-Dresden nur englischsprachige Leute angemeldet. Dennoch: German speakers dürfen auf mitmachen ;)